MIYABI BIRCHWOOD 6.5" NAKIRI
The perfect choice for the cutlery aficionado who appreciates beauty, meticulous craftsmanship and unrivaled performance. The Birchwood Collection combines the greatest hardening technology, most precious knife materials, and the artistry of traditional craftsmanship. A traditional D-shape handle and blade design provides genuine Japanese silhouettes and perfect balance to every knife. Forged 101 layer construction with an ultra-hard MC63 Micro-Carbide powdered steel core protected by 100 alternating layers of stainless steel ground to expose a beautiful flower Damascus pattern and wavy katana edge. The Karelian (Masur) Birch handle features a unique mosaic pin, red spacer accents, and a decorative end-cap with logo. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
- G2 micro-carbide powder steel
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63
- 101-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge